Tuesday, May 18, 2010

RAK 8/32

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am passionate about breastfeeding. Seriously passionate. Like, I want to help every single new mother experience what I have had the privilege of experiencing by breastfeeding my two babies. I want to be that New Mom's Boob Cheerleader, whether I know her or not.

And that little tidbit brings me to my 8th Random Act of Katy. I was in Target today, sans kiddos, leisurely browsing the baby section. I was in the baby feeding section and there was an elderly lady on a cell phone trying to figure out the breast pumps and what she needed to buy her granddaughter. I could tell she was struggling, so I basically just parked my cart next to her and made eye contact. She asked me (while still on the phone) if I knew anything about the breast pumps and I told her I did and that I'd be happy to help her. She hung up the phone and I made my recommendations and explained a few things to her, and also helped her pick out some breast milk storage bags. She was sooooo appreciative!

Is it stalkerish/weird that I wanted to give her my business card so her granddaughter could call me if she had any questions? Yeah, probably....good thing I didn't. Oh, and GO BOOB JUICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment