Thursday, September 30, 2010

Finding my Zen

What a rough week.



First, we have Tucker's sleep disturbances that require one of us to sleep on an air mattress in his room. He is waking constantly through the night, but if someone is there to reassure him, he falls right back to sleep. If someone is not there, we get to deal with hysteria and at least a one hour saga of getting him back to sleep. Nevermind that Chloe is still waking 1-2 times a night to nurse, I am basically running on caffeine at this point. I'll sleep when I'm dead, right?



Second, we have the fact that Ryan was out of town all week. We normally alternate rooming-in with Tucker to lessen one another's lack of sleep, but this week it was all me. Don't get me wrong, I am not in any way upset with Tucker. I don't know why this is happening (although I did finally see the presence of the dreaded two year molars tonight, just barely emerging), but I know it's not intentional on his part. He is just a little bit sensitive and needy right now, and that's okay. It just makes for a really tired Momma.



Third, my house looks like a freaking tornado hit it. Being the only parent around this week and having to go to bed when Tucker goes to bed, I have not had the opportunity to do anything around the house. And anyone who knows my children's personalities would totally understand why I can't get a thing done while they are awake. I gave birth to parasites. Oh, and Chloe is a double-whammy, spending half of her day being a parasite and the other half of the day trying to give me a heart attack with her adventurous self.

Update: This post has been sitting in my draft folder for, um, not quite sure...a few weeks, maybe? I had to laugh when I found it because things have not changed. At all. Ryan is still going out of town for a week at a time, both kids are still parasites, both are still not sleeping through the night. My house is still a disaster, despite daily efforts to make it presentable. Can I scream now????

No comments:

Post a Comment