Monday, May 23, 2011

Heaven is for Real

by Todd Burpo.

This is the book I read for May, even though I actually read it in April...or was it March??? Doesn't matter....

I first heard about this book from one of my online friends and then one of my clients talked about it during her massage. She had recently lost her dog and it impacted her greatly and I could tell how much this book had helped her. I decided to go to Barnes and Noble after work to buy it.

I walked around Barnes and Noble looking for the book, having no idea what it looked like. I am so not the type to ask for help in a store and I was about to give up. But then I said a little prayer of, "God, if I am meant to read this book right now, show me where it is." I kid you not, I literally lifted up my face and it was right there. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I tend to think it was a little bigger that that. :)

This book was written by a father, who also happens to be a preacher. His son had a near-death experience and this book is about what the little boy revealed to his family about visiting Heaven. (I just got goosebumps when I typed that!).

I am not going to give any specifics here, because my client pretty much revealed the whole book to me during her massage. It didn't ruin the book for me by any means, but I definitely would have preferred not knowing all about it beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment