Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Balance

I have a hard time sometimes, balancing all of the aspects of my life. I had a hard time before kids so having two rugrats really complicates this area of my life. My house is a disaster more often than it's clean. If our dinner recipe doesn't call for a can of cream of mushroom soup in it, it must be a special occasion. If you open our refrigerator for a snack, you are welcome to choose from a spoonful of mayonnaise or a squirt of mustard. Clean laundry rarely makes it to the dressers or closets, it ends up in a huge pile on my laundry table or folded in laundry baskets. I am not exactly the SuperHousewife I thought I would be.

I used to make lists. Back in the day before I was married, my lists even had lists. I would scribble notes and take great joy in crossing off each task. I have dreams of a completely organized house, where everything has a perfect spot and I have family members who understand my system and respect the plan. I am a perfectionist of the worst kind: the procrastinating perfectionist. Hm. That would have been a great name for this blog. If only I would have thought of that sooner. Ha.

So, that is going to be my new plan of attack for this crazy house of mine. Lists. And lots of them. I am good at making them, now I just need to renew my excitement in crossing things off of said lists so they can be thrown away and a new one made.

At the top of list #1? Buy more paper.

1 comment:

  1. Must be the Schrag genes kicking in. My philosophy is that I can be organized when I am dead. :)

    ReplyDelete