Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chosen

I look at my children daily and cannot believe I was chosen to be their Momma. I seriously don't take one second for granted. Of course I have moments of stress, exasperation, and perhaps a raised voice here and there, but seriously, thankfulness and joy just oozes out of me when it comes to my kids.

And I've noticed that not all parents are like that. I cannot tell you how many parents I run into (some even related) who see their children as an inconvenience. A bother. A just go away, I don't have time for you. To know that those children don't know the calibur of love they deserve to have, it breaks my heart. To know that not all parents read to their kids, color with their kids, have conversations with their kids, snuggle with their kids...it seems so unfair when there are infertile couples out there who want nothing more than to do those things with a child and cannot.

My goal at the end of my life is to be able to look back and feel confident that my children knew how much I loved them, not because I was their Mom and that's what I was supposed to do, but because I showed them every single day. Feeling blessed tonight, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment