Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Enfamil,

Thank you so much for mailing me a box today to remind me of Chloe's first birthday! I was so surprised to find a gift in my mailbox and hurried into the house to open it. Wow! I had no idea that babies need formula after turning a year old! Nevermind that I have breastfed Chloe since day one, I will be sure to use the two $5 off coupons to purchase the Next Step Formula to make sure she gets the DHA she needs. However, I was a little surprised at what I found when I looked at the ingredients. The first three ingredients you list are: nonfat milk, oil, and corn syrup solids.

Why the hell would I feed that to my child? Are you kidding me? I'm sure her brain development would really thrive on that. There are many reasons I breastfeed my child, among them being that my body naturally alters the composition of my milk to meet her needs as she grows. Take your formula and shove it.

Signed,
Very Annoyed Milky Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment