Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Skeletons in My Closet

I was at my parents' house a couple of weeks ago trying to get Tucker to lay down for a nap in my old bedroom. The closet doors were open and I spotted a familiar box on the top shelf. I pulled it down and written across the top in a black marker was "High School Stuff." I decided to take the box home to look through what I had, at one time, deemed important to keep. The box has been sitting in my car until today.

After a particularly trying and difficult day, I decided to drive out to the local dairy farm to pick up some more milk and eggs. Luckily, both kids fell asleep (they were in serious need of sleep so this was a major Woo Hoo!) so I just sat in my driveway with the car running while I took the cardboard lid off the the box full of memories.

Most of what was in the box went in the Trash Pile. I really wondered why I had kept most of it! I found school pictures from my high school years....wow, I went through some, shall we say, awkward phases! I'm so glad I discovered the art of the Eyebrow Wax!

Thrown in the box were several returned assignments from my senior English class. In that class, we had to do 15 minutes of freewriting each day. Oh My Goodness!!! Let me just say, I am so glad I did not make any major life decisions at this time in my life! My immaturity was hysterical! The funniest entry was dated January 15, 1996, where the topic of the day must have had something to do with what famous person would you want to meet. And I quote:

"Of course I would include Ren & Stimpy because they are my heroes."

Wow. I was so introspective.

Happy, happy! Joy, joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment