Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friends Like Me

So, on my quest to find "friends like me" I think I need to step out of my little comfort zone and put myself out there. Find a group with like-minded women and become a part of that village. First, let me say that I have a touch of social anxiety. I do not like not knowing what to expect or not knowing what comes next. I've been that way my whole life. My mom always tells the stories of the days when my class would have a field trip. I would quiz her on the order of things, such as:

"When will I get on the bus?"
"How will I know which lunch is mine?"
"Which group will I be in?"

Et Cetera, Et Cetera. Heck, I even asked the orthodontist if my parents would still have to pay for my braces if I happened to die before my treatment was complete. I am just that weird. Hmmm....maybe that is why I am in this position...

So, to find like minded women I have two specific ideas: finding a church group or Le Leche League. I think I am going to start with the latter and see where it takes me. My homework for this week is to find my local meeting time and place and GO. Going will be the hardest part, but if I want my situation to change, I have to be the one to change it. It's not like new friends are randomly going to knock on my door.....unless they are Jehovah's Witnesses or selling new windows and siding.

No comments:

Post a Comment