Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Captain Puketastic and his two Puketeers

Saturday we had a great day running errands as a family. Lately, it has been so enjoyable to "go bye-bye" as I like to say. The kids are so well behaved (usually) in public and they really enjoy going different places with us. It's actually easier to go places with the kids now, as opposed to staying home where they just antagonize each other and bicker.

Anways, getting back to the title of this post...About 9pm, Ryan complained that his stomach was upset and he asked me if I felt okay. I felt kind of achey in my upper back, but that's not super unusual for me since I'm still nursing Chloe. I decided to do a super does of Vitamin D3 (HUGE immune system boost for those who may not know, even better than Vitamin C!) and go to bed. I had given the rest of the family some Vitamin D3 earlier in the night so I didn't bother Ryan with more. Perhaps I should have. The next thing I know, he's waking me up asking if we had an Pepto Bismol. I told him I thought we did and told him where, and then promptly fell back asleep.

The next morning, he slept. And slept. And slept. When he finally emerged from the basement he informed me he had been up all night puking with the Big D to boot. Ew! He also told me to avoid the basement as he had TWO trashcans filled with puke. Ugh.

The kids and I continued the Vitamin D3 and added in some homeopathics to try to save ourselves. Monday came and went without incident. In fact, the kids and I had a fabulous day of great behavior and great eating. Both kids ate a ton of dinner, which turned out to be the calm before the storm. The puke floodgates (for both kids) began at 1:30 am. Tucker was throwing up every 30-45 minutes! He was scared, screaming while he "coked" (choked). I was covered in puke, the bathroom was covered in puke, and we had several jammie changes. I stayed with Tucker and Ryan tended to Chloe, who definitely had a much easier time with things. The puking stopped at 6am, Ryan called in sick to help with the kids, and we spent all day yesterday trying to rest and get better.

The kids are much better today, although Chloe is just now getting the Big D, she is happy and her usual self. I have yet to catch the bug and at this point, I think I dodged the bullet. I am still washing the mounds of puke laundry, but I think if I was going to get it, I would already be sick. At least I hope anyways.....

Oh, and in better, more exciting news, CHRISTMAS IS 10 DAYS AWAY!!!!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. YIKES! In case Debbie's phone call to you didn't indicate this, I was literally rendered unable to move, let alone make a phone call Monday. Seriously. SO SICK. Out of nowhere. By some sort of miracle, none of the other 5 people living in this house right now have been sick. Yet. Knock on wood. Hope everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete