Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finding My Voice

First of all, on a scale of 1-10 how wrong would it be for me to leave my husband, move to Oklahoma and marry The Pioneer Woman (assuming she swings that way)? The woman is hysterical, smart, and she cooks! Okay, so maybe it would be a 10 on the scale, but could we consider it a 6 if I invite Ryan to come with me and I share my table scraps with him? Polygamy: Is it really wrong?

Secondly, I was perusing The Pioneer Woman's website and I came across a top ten list for blogging. Some of her suggestions really made sense to me.

For example, blog often. Duh. Nobody is going to keep checking your blog if you never update. I have no interest in gaining a large readership of any kind, I keep my blogs for my family and friends and so my children will be able to see who I was/am in my own written words.

Another example: write in your own voice. Write exactly how you would talk to your sister or your best friend. And that's when I realized that I was trying to be way too formal and PC about things. My own blog isn't written in my own voice, how silly is that? I am the type who proof reads a hundred times for typos before hitting "publish" and I have also censored myself in a few different ways. No more! And that should be a change for the better because I can be pretty hilarious when I don't have the pressure of being perfect.

And since I will be writing in my own voice from now on, my next post will introduce you to the word MER.

2 comments:

  1. Intrigued...

    I constantly have to remind myself of the same things, too. Looking back, the best ones are the casual, in-my-own-voice ones. :)

    ReplyDelete