Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Answer.

Now that I have managed to blab about this over several posts, I do believe this will be the last. If anyone is still hanging in there, thank you for reading my verbal diarrhea. I didn't purposely drag this out, my intention was to make one post but I just kept thinking of more things I needed and wanted to say.

I reached my "OH, HELL NO" weight last summer and I remember trying to figure out what I was going to do. I love eating low carb, problem was, I wasn't sticking with it long enough for it to work for me. I needed to do something more strict, something with faster results because I am a total instant gratification junkie. Patience is not a virtue of mine.


I want to preface the unveiling of what program I am doing by saying that I researched the hell out of this before I started. I had multiple online friends who were successful on this plan, and come to find out, a handful of relatives as well. I have been doing the homeopathic version of the hCG (aka Simeon's Protocol) diet. Please be aware that there are all kinds of imitation versions of this diet out there, most of which are a complete debacle of the original program. Other than taking the homeopathic supplement rather than prescription, I have followed the original program written by Dr. Simeons in the 1950s.

In a nutshell, it is a low calorie, low fat, low carbohydrate diet in conjuntion with taking a homeopathic hCG supplement (it can also be done by taking actual hCG, which is prescription medicine).

I am a skeptic by nature, and a large part of me didn't believe this was going to work for me. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I was going to try it to prove it doesn't work or that I would feel like crap on it. When I asked my mom, who has her doctorate in homeopathic medicine, if she could obtain the supplement for me, she was skeptical as well.

The program works in "rounds", meaning you follow the restrictive diet for approximately three weeks and then maintain your new weight for six weeks and then you repeat until you have reached your goal weight. My first round I lost 20 pounds! That was enough to convince my mom to start the diet as well. To date, I have lost nearly 50 pounds and my mom has lost nearly 60! I am closing in on my goal and I am thinking I should be there around June. I feel fantastic, even when I am on the restrictive/weight loss part of the program.

We have been so excited about our losses and how great we feel that we decided to start offering this at our clinic. I don't want these weight loss posts to be misconstrued as advertisements for our business, but if anyone would like more information about the program we offer, you can email us at hhcgquestions @ gmail dot com.

For the first time in years, I feel hopeful and confident that I can be thin for a lifetime. For me, this was the answer I had been searching for and I am so glad I decided to try one last time to succeed. I am still in the process of losing, but I will post some before and during pictures soon!

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Katy! I've heard SO much about this diet lately, and I've done a bit of research on my own. I would love any info you have for me- you know my email address. Oh, and GOOD FOR YOU! This must feel FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration! Thank you so much for your willingness to share your journey. I am VERY proud to call you my friend. Keep up the great work, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following and this is awesome news! Congrats to you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete